Quantcast

Show me your SUMP?

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

Macbeth417

Reef Monkey
Here are some design I have tossed around. The last one BigT put together for me.

Variable flow fuge:

Inline sump, this is one I have now:

I should have some plumbing to post in the next few weeks here.

-Erik

NaH2O

I'm currently getting mine organized, so I'll post pics after that is done.

Erik - that is awesome!

Katchupoy

Here's my 10gallon sump...

Heres the first schematic...

Here is the second schematic...

Here is the final product...

another pic

and heres my sump today with the Euroreef ES6-1

and another shot of the whole thing under the hood...

big t

tankless
Well here is mine, it has only been running for a couple days and I have not gotten it all tidied up yet. It is a 50 gallon sump capacity running at about 30 gallons or so. I made it last weekend from 3/8 and 1/4 acrylic.

NeilsReef

So Big T what kind of tools and skills were required to make a sump like yours? thanks Neil

NaH2O

Here is my sump. I apologize for not knowing the dimensions off hand. Also, the water looks nasty because it has been curing rock for a week. The skimmer is a Euro-reef CS8-3, and the return pump is a Mag 12.

Here is the electrical portion. I have drip loops on all the cords, so it looks more chaotic than it really is. The cords are all labeled, and so are the timers (actinics, MH 1, MH2). This will make for easy unplugging. Also, there is a chart posted on the inside of the stand on the door, with labels as to which item is plugged into which outlet/power strip.

Frankie

Here's my diy sump/mud filter/fluidized filter i made with the help of Geene the owner of my LFS "Tropical Show Case". Its a 30 gal drilled tank he gave me because it was drilled in the wrong spot (lucky me!) I have a mag 7 that sends water up to my UV then back to the tank. The over flow comes from a 90 gal Jet Stream into the first chamber then flows under the suspended mud and through it in a few places where i grow my macro then overflows into the next chamber that i use as a dosing area and the place i keep my skimmer. The skimmer skims in the macro area. Then the water go's under the dosing chamber to the small sump where i keep my heater and drop in 1/4 amp chiller. The whole thing works great and is a lot simpler then my bad wording makes it out to be.

NaH2O

FFrankie - your sump looks so nice! Mine seems so messy :oops:

I forgot to add to my post that my skimmer is an Euro-reef CS8-3 and my return pump is a Mag 12.

scotmol

Here's my remote DSB/refugium, and sump. It's located in my basement. The DSB is a Rubbermaid 25 gal (aprox.) and the sump is a 50 g Rubbermaid with about 50 lbs of live rock. Not pretty or fancy but I like it...

big t

tankless
That is one Hell of a skimmer. True example that simple is good! Nice setup, I can see you are one hell of a diy guy!

scotmol

Thanks for the compliments guys. All my non-reef geek friends just look at it and go "What the h*ll?" It's nice when someone actually appreciates my work...

Regards,

Scott

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.