Quantcast

Shy Clarkii

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

Beckmola24

Hawkfish
I've looked at many websites on A. Clarkii, but can't find any sites on their behavior. If anybody knows of any good clarkii sites let me know. How long until he (she) will become acclimated enough to stay out in the open? Or do they tend to hide. He comes out into the open when I'm not around as i can see him happily swimming around from a distance, but as soon as I get close he scurries away and hides in the rock. It's hard to monitor his eating habits or health when he's always hiding. He is the only fish in the tank. I had Ocellaris Clowns before the Clarkii and they weren't shy at all. I'd appreciate any info on Clarkii Clownfish. Thanks!

Mushroom Boy

My experience with Clarkii clowns is that they are fairly aggressive. I think that in time, you will find that they are more aggressive - maybe aggressive isn't the right word - assertive than your ocellaris. Mine was a bit skittish when I first added her to the tank, but after a week or so, she was well on their way to establishing herself in the top ranks of "tank rulers" :D. How long have you had yours? Mine's out all the time now and is very inquisitive. Overall, a great fish. HTH

Beckmola24

Hawkfish
I got him 2 days ago. I was just worried at the behavior since I had 2 clowns die last month. I'm a little paranoid. =) Actually since I've posted, I've seen more of the little guy. I still need a good reccomendation for Clarkii Info. A site or a book. Thanks!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.