Quantcast

Sick Clown

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

Figstr

My clown has what appears to be a type of fungus behind his head. It's not like cotton, but rather a line that's about 1/4" long.

NaH2O

WELCOME TO REEF FRONTIERS!! I'm not the greatest when it comes to fish diseases, but I do know there is a disease that clownfish can get. I think it is called Clownfish Disease, but I really don't know much about it. Here is a website that can hopefully help you out: Fishy Farmacy The link is already situated on the skin disorder page.

Ray Pollett

Me and Nikki seem to disagree alot, with respect. I take a different approach. Provide as little stress as possible, a good quality food rotation and good water parameters. With this fish have an amazing immune system. When you see problems, instead of using chemicals, I prefer to releive the stress.

Ray

NaH2O

Ray, I see where you are coming from. More than anything I thought the site I linked could provide a direction of diagnosis.

Ray Pollett

Hi Nikki,

Please never take mine as flames or put downs. I respect what you tell people. I just have always seen things differently, on almost every subject. I talk in a matter of fact way does irritates some people, even though I do not mean or try to. I put this in because I know I can irritate people. That is not my intention.

I understand what you were doing. I just dislike all the use of meds. I find the to be almost a total waste. I agree with you, diagnose the problem. Try to know what it is. Then what caused this problem? How do i Fix it? The meds in my opinion rarely if ever fix the underlying problem. They sometimes cover up the symptoms.

Best Wishes,
Ray

NaH2O

I agree with you, diagnose the problem. Try to know what it is. Then what caused this problem? How do i Fix it?
WE AGREE!!! YEA!!!! ;)

Ray, don't worry - I did not find your post inflammatory or disrespectful at all, I just wanted you to see where I was coming from.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts