Quantcast

Sick percula clown

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

Beeba

Today one of my percula clowns is hovering near the bottom of the tank and I noticed it looks like he has little white spots that kind of look like air bubbles or something on him. I've never had a sick fish so I'm not sure what to do. Any suggestions? I've had him for about 3 or 4 weeks and he has been great until today.

Alice

Do they look like air bubbles or more like grains of salt? Is the fish gilling fast? Any other fish showing symptons in the tank?

Beeba

All the other fish seem fine and very active. They spots looked more like air bubbles. This morning the clown is swimming a little more but his body is cloudy looking. Should I take him out?

Alice

eeew, that doesn't sound good. Let me see if I can find a little more info for you.

Do you have a hospital/QT tank?

Beeba

I'm new to this so I've never needed a hospital tank but I guess now is a good time to start one. The fish is actually looking better this afternoon. It is swimming around more and isn't quite so drab looking.

MtnDewMan

Glad to hear it is looking better. Definately keep an eye on it. Bubble like things and bad skin coats is not a good sign. Feed it nutriously but don't overfeed during this time of recovery.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.