Quantcast

Silly question, re faucet fittings

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

Llarian

I'm not sure what forum this should go into, so I'll stick it here. =)

I got my RO unit today, with a faucet diverter so I can run it above my counter as needed and not have to tap into the apartment's plumbing.

Unfortunatly, the faucet diveter's threads are female, as is the sink. I've checked Home Depot and Ace Hardware for something that has the same sized threads (male to male, no size change), and there's not a damn thing matching that description. They're all step-up or step-down for putting different sized faucet areators <sp?> on it.

Am I smoking crack? Where can I find something like this. The guys at Home Depot I talked to seemed baffled, like they couldn't imagine something like this existing.

Thanks.
Dylan

Crows Ridge

Dylan,

The ones I have seen come apart. The faucet will be female, but the screen part is usually 2 parts and you unscrew them and there is your male thread you need. Thats the way mine are anyway.

Good luck, Chris

Macbeth417

Reef Monkey
Mine came with a male/male insert that goes between the faucet (once you remove the normal head) and the provided head that came with your RO unit. I would contact your RO unit maker and see if they forgot to send you something. At the very least they can explain where you goofed.
-Erik

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.