Quantcast

Snails killing zoas??

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

sedrostyle

Have went over the vermetid snail thing. Don't think their that

Don't look the size of sundial snail. Don't think that's it.
Here is a picture of what I found all over my tank thi morning.
Took out probably 15 of them. But they're all over. Hiding now
I'm guessing their night time feeders.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360089733.311060.jpg

josh88

Have you researched zoa eating snails to see if any results come up. If the snails are all that small it may make it difficult for the pro's (myself not included) of the forum to give help. Just a thought. But then again there are always those who have experience it

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

TJL

copod
+1 and just as you mentioned, a nocturnal algae/detritis eating snail. I have had them for many years in my systems with no issues and my Wrasses enjoy them very much if they wander out in daylight hours.

Cheers, Todd

sedrostyle

Contatilla or how ever it's spelt I looked at google for them. They look much bigger. Mine are tiny?

As long as their not the V ones or sundials I'm good.
Just thought I finally caught my zoas melting culprit.

Thank everyone and Todd I'll have to get a wrasse of some sort :)

sedrostyle

Idk pictures look alot different. I guess I'll just leave them until I see them doing harm. I was just super suprised when I checked the lights this morning and saw tons of white snails everywhere.
and In my overflow.

blk822822

It's only money, RIGHT?
I just had a bunch of my zoas start melting. I think it was a bacterial infection from a new frag I had gotten. I took out as many of my zoas as I could and dipped them in Coral Rx as per instructions and then removed the dead or melted peices and most are making a come back. Something you may want to try.

NanaReefer

I just had a bunch of my zoas start melting. I think it was a bacterial infection from a new frag I had gotten. I took out as many of my zoas as I could and dipped them in Coral Rx as per instructions and then removed the dead or melted peices and most are making a come back. Something you may want to try.
If the zoas can be removed and dipped I agree using CoralRX will help a bunch :)

vlangel

I love the way zoas look, but I hate it that they mysteriously melt for no apparent reason. I have just quit buying them for that reason.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts