Quantcast

Source for bulkheads, etc.

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

oregon gorge

I got a bunch of them for the 350g from Marine Depot. I liked the price and service/communications. Although, I cheated and made 13 of them myself. I used a 3/4'' nipple, 3/4'' elbow and a 3/4'' threaded coupler with some silicone and they have been fine for 4 months now. The o rings and the washers didnt work in my opinion. They just distorted before sealing. Couldnt get tight enough without distortion. Not enough surface area on the fittings like a regulare bulkhead has.

Oh, BTW, the bulkheads were $4 less ( inc. ship) than the hardware store. Also, HD and Lowes dont carry BH here :(

Chris

Achilles

I have an AGA and none of the Puget Sound LFS's nor Hardware stores (Lowes, Home Depot, Ace, or McClendon's) carried bulkheads that fit properly. I ended up ordering them online from Custom Aquatic

OnTheReef

Yeah, that's one thing I miss about the Bay Area -- the hardware stores had everything. Right now, I am on a scavenger hunt for Wet/Dry Aluminum Dioxide 600 and 800 grit sandpaper. Can't find it anywhere. Same deal with a buffing wheel and fine buffing compound. Sure, everyone carries Turtle Wax, but...

mojoreef

Reef Keeper
I get all my Bulkheads and plumbing from Mclenden hardware, actually I just just up a whole bunch of them yesterday. As per price thier pretty cheap to. for schedule 80 1 1/2 BH it was 14 bucks.

Mike

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.