Quantcast

Star Polyps Disolving.........

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

The R/C Man

Hey everyone!

My star polyps are disolving. They had retreated into their holes a few weeks ago and then started to come back out recenetly. Now there is some film on them and they are dissapearing.. All my water perameters are good..... Any Ideas?

The R/C Man

Hi Ed!!!!

I haven't checked them in a while... But with all my macro algea and Xenia they should be undetectable. Every time I have checked they where zero so I don't bother any more....

Ed Hahn

Life is A Highway...
I have quite a bit of starburst. I have two colors. It they do not make it let me know, I will bring you some more? I know mine like current. They are mid level and keep spreading. You do not have any corals close to it stinging it?

The R/C Man

I don't have anything close.... You know, I have been using kalkwasser on a couple of near by aptasia.... I wonder if some landed on the polyps. It does only seem to be on that side.....

Ed Hahn

Life is A Highway...
I may take a run up to Spokane this week? Our local paper is going to do a article on our hobby and club. I want my tank to look really good. We want to show off one persons tank in the group. But if they do go from Tank to tank I want to be ready. I may have to see what colors of SPS Kevin has in? Again, let me know If you want a little more starburst?
your friend in Tri-cities,
Ed

The R/C Man

Well I have done some tests on my water and noticed my alkilinty is really low despite the last few additions of buffer and calcium. I am asumming this could be the reason for their decline... I have started buffing with out calcium. Any more suggestions? Thanks!

Ed Hahn

Life is A Highway...
Some wise ole owl told me water changes do wonders if you have a problem. I do water a change if I see a criter not looking too happy. Again, Greg my offer stands. The star burst starts pestering my acros. My SPS is more important to me. Good luck, let me know what you find out please?

The R/C Man

Ed,

Are you coming to the meeting this Saturday?
It is at my house and Allen's house. We are splitting the meeting between us.....

Maybe I will do a water change..... I think I'll take up up on your offer. My polyps are just about gone......

Ed Hahn

Life is A Highway...
Greg,
It sounds like fun. I have soccer tonight, Paper is doing a story on club down here tomarrow at 7pm. I have soccer and basketball Thursday - Sunday. I know I have a soccer game at 1pm Saturday. I will have to find out what time the games are? I will do my best to get the Starburst up to you this week end. You know that pork chop on the end of a stick deal? Well, I see the pork chop! The fun club meetings you have are the pork chop. I am the puppy with the mouth watering for the pork chop.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.