Quantcast

Starting over... kinda

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

BCT182

Okay My tank backgroung was painted baby blue and I had a crushed coral substrate. Saturday night I was up till 3 a.m. I painted the back of my tank black, put in a shallow sand bed, with fine sand, and did a different lay out of my rocks. The first photo is of my tank about 2 months ago, and the second one is my tank now. I really couldn't be where I am at now without all the help and advice everyone here has given me.
Brett

reedman

Looking great! I like the black background much better. Need bigger pics next time...or I need thicker glasses LOL

szidls

Gaitor Wrestler
Nice job Brett:cool:

The black background looks much better IMO.
Now get some rest so ya can get up again for 3AM water change and feeding:lol:
Scott

Angelscrx

Import Fish
I like the new look. Especially the clam in the valley! I think it's a clam right? Bigger pictures please so we can maximize the drool factor :lol:

BCT182

Thanks very much everybody. Yeah its a clam, I cannot get very nice shots with my camera though. Here is a couple shots that may have come out a little bit better.
Brett

mojoreef

Reef Keeper
Awesome Brett that tank definately has taking a turn for the best, looking forward to more pics as time goes by

Mike

CarlaW

Scarlet Begonias
Lookin pretty good Brett. I think you will really like the black background better. Keep us up to date, we will all have to get towels to wipe up the drool :D

Angelscrx

Import Fish
Yeah it does look nice. I think I may do the valley thing in my tank. I don't have a nice clam like yours though. My tank is still growing.

BCT182

The newest addition is this pink tip frog spawn. I got it for $30 at the LFS. Its got 6 heads and its about 7 inchs wide total.

mattseattle

hey dude,
the tank is looking awesome. nice lighting and great layout of rock.

i just re-did my tank this weekend after the move. i took out my DSB and went completely bare bottom and re-did the rock work. it looks so much better. amazing how much more space you get in a tank when you don't have a DSB. i'll have to post some pictures soon.

also i can say that i won't want to move this tank again for quite some time. took forever to do the move. anyway, it's done now :)

i'm also back on reef frontiers after being away for quite a while due to my move.

mattseattle

thanks!!! glad to be back. too bad i missed the frag swap this year. i really enjoyed last years. quite a few of my current corals were picked up at the frag swap.

Angelscrx

Import Fish
Well I took the time and rearranged the rock and created a valley in the middle of the tank and what a differnce it made. It looks awesome, especially since I got a squamosa clam and a RBTA for my birthday. The clam is up front and the RBTA went to the back with it's foot behind a rock but the tentacles infront. The clowns love it.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.