Quantcast

Starting to Aquascape

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

MtnDewMan

I worked on the left side of the tank a bit this past weekend and will work on the right side next weekend. I will be replacing some of the rock on the right hand side with rock that is brewing in a trash can right now. But I am thinking the rock on the left side is starting to grow on me. I like how it jets up and back into the left hand corner. I am trying to leave the middle relatively open, but want to hide the spray bar somewhat when it is all said and done. The right side will also work upward I imagine, it will have to block the bulkhead strainer. Anyway, the right side is not complete, but the left rockwork is getting there.

Here is the left side, you can see that the fish have ways to get to the back not only over the rock but behind it via those holes in the rockwork in the bottom left. There are tunnel paths to the back.

Mushroom Boy

I agree Chuck. I like the left hand side. Lots of room for growth and swimming. When do you plan on adding more CC?

reedman

Looks like the tank is on its way back to prime form. Looks so different without the sand in there. It seems empty, but I bet the fish are happy with the extra swimming room. Nice to see another tank that isn't all rock :)

skylsdale

Just a suggestion, but you may want to add a piece to the left side, right at the base in the center or left of the structure. I would have that extra piece completely on the substrate, and have it create a small peninsula right up to the front of the glass. It looks to me like you have a pretty linear wall forming, and something like this might help to break it up a bit and add some depth.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.