Quantcast

Steve Tyree - Meeting turned out great

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

MtnDewMan

Thanks to all for showing up to the meeting tonight. Thanks for everyone who helped pull it together (Mike/Alice/Paul/Gordon to name a few). Thanks to Steve for speaking about zonal filtration. Interesting subject matter for sure. There is always something out there that new and different to try. I enjoyed myself tonight.

For those who attended, what did you think?

aquariumdebacle

electrolyte addict
need another kind of swap

I really enjoyed the presentation. This is an area of the hobby that has long been neglected. The creatures we obtain incidentally appear to be the most valuable in maintaining the ones we obtain intentionally. I would like to see a hitchhiker swap. A place where we can exchange some of these elusive critters. I guess divesity is the key.

mojoreef

Reef Keeper
Even though the thought of setting up a tri zonal system does not interest me, I must say I really enjoyed the meeting and the presentation. Unlike most natural filtration systems (dsb/plenums/turf scrubbers/MM) the use of sponges and squirts are not a poor attempt at mimicing nature. The critters are all in one filterers of DOC's and detritus. They dont sink material and they dont have limitting qualities as the above. Definately interesting.

Mike

Mushroom Boy

I agree, I thought it was a great presentation. Something different and something new to think about. I would definitely consider something like this for a future system.

mattseattle

i enjoyed the presentation. definitely gave me a new insight to a possible future filtration for my tank (when i go alot bigger)

i thought the meeting was well ran and all.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts