Quantcast

Sump pump noise

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

cookiemn

Chicago bound!!!
I just put in a dolphin pump in my acrylic sump. It works great but the only complaint is that the pump vibrates enough to make a humming sound loud enough to piss off my wife. :lol: I think that if I put something under the tank to seperate it from the acrylic, it may reduce the noise. Any ideas on what I can put under the pump?

Erwin

NaH2O

They make noise reducing pads for dolphin pumps I believe. I know I purchased one as a "just in case", but haven't needed to use it. I have heard of others using those rubber "mats" that go in kitchen sinks under pumps, too. Mouse pads, but I don't know that I would put it in water. You could always go the cheap route and buy some ear plugs ;) just kidding :)

mattseattle

or get rid of the wife! <giggle> i'd stay away from the mouse pad though since they usually are printed and have who knows what toxins in them. if you could find an old wet suit or something you could cut it into some squares and use that. or else just buy those pads they make to suppress pump noise. somehow i was lucky and my sedra pump doesn't make any noise.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts