superglue accident - not sure what to do

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

mattseattle

ok here is another one of my stories:

today i came home from school for lunch and one of my new frags was knocked off the rock. i superglued it about a week ago but apparently didn't do a great job of it. so this time i found a small piece of rumble to superglue it to. i took the rumble out and dried it off a little bit and glued the frag to it. that went well. i then placed the piece back into the tank and positioned it where i wanted it. well my cleaner shrimp is always curious when i put my hand in it and he always comes up to my hand. well after i placed the frag back in he decided to clean the frag. well now one of his claws is glued. he got a small piece of glue on the tip of his claw. it's only one claw, thank god and nothing else. i can still see the small piece of glue on his claw but i don't think there is anything i can do about it. just let time take it's course and hopefully either he'll get it off or when he molts it will come off.

any advice? :) i guess in the future if i ever have to glue something (which i'm sure it will happen) i'll have to make sure he's at the other end of the tank when i place the item back into the tank.

MtnDewMan

I am sure it will be fine, it will probably be okay after it's next molt. As long as it can still eat with it's other claw, I am sure there is no harm :)

mattseattle

i'm just glad the one claw didn't stick to it's mouth! :) but yeah i think it'll be fine....just add this to my list of 'things that only happen to matt'

Stang69

OFR!
I know its not funny but I am sitting here with tears rolling down my face I am Laughing so hard. shewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Ok IM better now Like was said above I am sure he will be fine after the next molt.

Good Luck

Jeff :eek: :eek: :eek:

mattseattle

it is pretty funny i know! i laughed then felt bad for laughing.

tonight i swore he had a piece of food glued to his claw but i finally realized he is just holding onto it because i saw him drop it then pick it back up. he seems ok :) poor little shrimpy dealing with a superglued claw :)

TDEVIL

FYI,
in the future take some water (enough to cover the frag and the rock) out of the tank and put in a small bucket
then do, as you did, dry the rock then glue the frag then place the frag/rock in the bucket and let the glue set ( i say 5-10 min) then add it to the tank then disguard the frag water

PS thanks for the visual :D

hope this helps

TD

Montanarocknreefer

New Sheriff In Town
Hi! I have an emerald crab that lost one of it's large claws for whatever reason and it eats and does just fine with only one claw. Inverts are pretty tough critters! Now I don't know how Mojoreef(Mike) would do with one claw missing! :D

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.