Quantcast

Suppliments

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

M

monkonishiki

Which are the best supp`s to use and why?
Should I be spending the money?
Please help.

Montanarocknreefer

New Sheriff In Town
Hi there! I add a little kalk with my top-off water and do a water change where the much need trace elements are replaced and that is about it for me! Don't see any need for anything else! Johnny:)

SlowBoat

In my previous tank I used supplements and purchased test kits for everything that was offered. I found that I spent more time dosing and measuring than enjoying my tank. I was always figthing Alkalinity and Calcium battles and never really understood why I could never find a balance. It may have been because of the other items I was dosing.

My current tank has been running for 8 months now and all I do is water changes and drip Kalk. The tank is thriving far beyond what I would expect. So much more healthier than my previous tank.

OnTheReef

Re: supplements

I have had much more success with using a better salt mix than adding supplements. I am now using the two part mix from Marine Environments and I must say my soft corals and anemone spend much more of their time fully open and looking healthy than when I was using the cheapest mix I could I find and supplementing. Most of the supplements I was using precipated out as little white granules on my rocks and substrate, as far as I can tell. I do have an high alkalanity problem in my house water, which I have solved using a series of particulate and activated charcoal filters. This has also been a great boon to the health of my reef.

Good luck!

Eric

M

monkonishiki

Hi and thx everybody,
I have read a little about Kalk.
Can you guys please explain the how to`s a little more please,if it`s no trouble?
Is this the same as a Calcium chamber with CO2?
I am using NSW and some ASW when I can`t collect due weather or laziness.My small number of corals really seem to like the NSW.
Sorry for the basic questions.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.