Quantcast

T maxima + Blue Linkia=?

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

Ed Hahn

Life is A Highway...
I have a medium sized T maxima wanting to look at large blue linkia....is this a mistake to buy? Do the two mix or will the blue linkia eat my T maxima?

MtnDewMan

That combination is not a problem. Linkia are mainly algae grazers from what I understand ... If anything, the linkia will help keep the shell clean :)

Gordo

I kept a Linkia in my tank for over a year and it didn't bother a think including my Maxima.

If you do get a Linkia make sure you acclimate it slowly. They are very sensitive animals.

~Gordo~

Ed Hahn

Life is A Highway...
thanks for your help, I just went to my the guy that had the blue linkia. It was very large. I did notice a cut on one of his legs. I do not think this guy will live very long according to fello reef friends. So I will keep looking. I want Blue or purple, heck maybe even red?...Thanks again..The guy wanted 25 dollars...but is twenty five worth it for about a week?...

MtnDewMan

I had some Blue Linkia's with some Harlequin Shrimp ... Now that is an incompatible pair ...

(and yes, I knew what I was doing :D )

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.