Tank After DSB Removal!

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

Montanarocknreefer

New Sheriff In Town
Hello there!

Well I was having some issues with my tank as far as algae blooms showing up all the time and phosphates leaking out of the DSB and decided the DSB had used up it's effectiveness. It was three years old. It is a week today since the DSB was removed. I have bare bottom in the back of the tank and about 1" of Seaflor as substrate in the front of the tank. The tank is very clear now and now working with Mojo on water perms. Hope to have an sps/clam tank in the future.

I have six PH's in the tank with one attached to a spray bar at the bottom in the back of the tank. I believe I now have enough flow for this type system. I soon will be hooking up a sump/refugium and later down the road the cal reactor that I now have.

I have a Remora Pro hang-on skimmer and lights are 2-250ww MH 10,000k and 2- 96ww PC's actinic 03.

So here is a tank shot as of today. I have a moon coral, a candy cane coral and a pagoda cup coral that is coming back since the DSB removal. I have three cowries, two sea urchins and four fish which are a tomato clown, a lawnmover blenny, chiseltooth wrasse and a copperband butterfly and also a blue crocea clam. :)

MtnDewMan

What size tank? Interesting rock work ... I like it ...

How much flow do you think you have with all of those powerheads?

Alice

Welcome to our newest "DSB Comeback Kid." ;) Hope it all goes well for you, Johnny.

Chuck, that's the famous 'reef tree' in Johnny's tank.

Montanarocknreefer

New Sheriff In Town
Alice it is not exactly the same famous reef tree but this one will take it's place for the time being!:D

Chuck this is a 3 year old 80 gallon reef system and never have added up all the gph from the pumps as they are different sizes. But they seem to cover most areas quite well.

Once I get the sump/refugium hooked up I will have even more.:)

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.