Quantcast

Tank move complete

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

reedman

Just wanted to say thanks to Mojo and Mushroom Boy again for the help on the tank move. Without the help I would have been up the creek without a paddle.

I lost 2 fish (my 6-line wrasse and a blue chromis) but all others appear to be recovering from the move well.

I'll try to post some pics of the new setup this weekend. No more DSB!!! Time to up the flow some more.

-Reed

reedman

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!! I don't think so! Very shallow for aethetic purposes only.

About as much sand as you flung at me during the move.

cdeakle

Wish I could have been there to help!

How did you have the loss? Did the stress get em or did you drop a 20 pound chunk of LR on them during the move? LOL Sorry about your losses though, it's always tough....

-puff

big t

tankless
Hey Reed, Sorry I couldn't make it also. I needed to spend some QT w/ my wife, I had hardly seen her lately! Good luck w/ everything dude

reedman

Thanks for the kind words all.

I am still working out the kinks in the plumbing plan. I need a source for the split ring couplers for the Dolphin pumps (90 degree bend ones preferably). I think I am going to have to order one online.

cdeakle & BigT - No worries. It all worked out fine. Luckily I have a 'smaller' tank so i wasn't too bad.

I think the losses were due to stress and temperature. I had to keep the fish out of the tank a little longer that I would have liked and the temp dropped quite a bit during the move. Live and learn.

If I can find a local source for the Dolphin couplers I will plumb this weekend, otherwise I am at the whim of the shipping company.

-Reed

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts