Quantcast

Tank Progression Shots - Post yours...

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

Mushroom Boy

Let's see those time progression photos everybody!!! Here's a one year progression of my system.

A lot of my baby frags are all grown up. Letting go is the hardest part :flasingsmile:

December 2002...

December 2003...

MtnDewMan

Awesome Paul, your tank is looking excellent ... You want a chronology? haha ... From nothing, to good, to starting over, how is this?

October 2001 - New Empty Tank

November 2001 - Tank Filling

November 2001 - 1st pieces of rock in tank

December 2001 - Livestock transfer from 29 gallon reef

January 2002

April 2002

May 2002

July 2002

August 2002

October 14, 2002

And now, December 2003

esmith

AQUAMANIAC
Chuck, thats exciting and then dissapointing. It's terrible that your DSB crashed, I don't think that I'll be adding one of these when I upgrade to a larger tank.

Never the less, the tank looks great.

How's the new reactor working, if it's setup?

Eliyah

Mushroom Boy

That is an amazing progression Chuck. Your new configuration is looking great by the way! What is that on the output of your right SeaSwirl?

MtnDewMan

Paul, that is indeed an eductor.

It did increase the flow somewhat. It is on the ampmaster, so not a lot of pressure to work with. If on a higher pressure rated pump it would certainly boost up more, but it was a good try to get additional flow in the tank, and it helps a bit.

esmith

AQUAMANIAC
"As the solution is pumped through an eductor's orifice, a low pressure area is created that acts to pull solution from behind the bell shape of the eductor and direct the solution out of the bell end. For each gallon of solution that is pumped through the eductor, three or four gallons of additional solution is circulated within the tank." If you want to read more about these see here: http://www.kthsales.com/website/vendors/Eductors/mixing_eductors.htm

Hope this explains things well enough, and here is a close up photo.

Eliyah

Minh Nguyen

Paul,
Your tank is doing beautifully.
Chuck,
Your tank was very beautiful, but it will get there soon.
I wish I am withing driving distance to you guys.
Minh

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts