Tank Update - Pics (Oct 2003)

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

MtnDewMan

Things seem to be coming along with my tank. The algae has gone away from the cycling. Now I am ready to stock it :)

As you can see by these photos I have many frags in the tank. So basically the strong and more elegeant ones will survive in the tank, the others will go to new homes as the coral grows out.

Full tank shot ...

Full tank looking downward a bit. You can see I have yet to put any more than a spattering of substrate in the tank ...

Left side of tank ...

Right side of tank ...

Some of the coral on the left side ...

Some of the coral on the right side ...

A few scattered pieces of coral ...

This one seems a little bleached when I got it, hoping it will color back up for me ...

This piece is a remnant from my old tank, it grows nicely when the tank is healthy ...

And of course my baby clam next to my black and blue maxima ...

Fly n Reef

Sky Goddess
Looks like it is coming together very nicely. :)
I like the spattering of the substrate, I am doing the same after removing my plenum and my change over from FO to reef. Very easy to keep up and I have a small area in the center a bit deeper for my eventual clam population. The spray bar helps to keep the detritus to the front for easier removal with water changes.
Nice job.
Karen

MtnDewMan

Thanks Karen

I am going to try and have a bit of a clam population myself here ... I have 4 clams right now, 3 grown clams and 1 baby ... I will be getting more I am sure :)

So far they haven't had a problem with the little substrate, but eventually I will probably fill it in with some thin substrate in the future.

Desolas

Free Jolly Jenkins.
Were you using a deeper sandbed before for denitrification? What are you doing now to replace that if so? Just more water maintenance?

Macbeth417

Reef Monkey
Looking good so far!
Just wondering, what type of lighting are you using on this tank? Also what are the dimensions?
I'm sure I can find this info somewhere in your previous posts, but im not in the digging mood this morning. :rolleyes:

"Now I am ready to stock it"- MDM
Look's like you already started to me!
What's next on the stock list?

-Erik