Quantcast

TDS Meters at PSAS meeting

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

Macbeth417

Reef Monkey
Hey folks,

I think my TDS meter is on the fritz, but I am all out of callibration fluid. Can someone bring thiers (a few ppl is better) so I can check the deviation on mine. My ro/di jumped for 0ppm to 15ppm or so and all membranes are less than 6 months old so I want to check my meter before I test any of the membranes.

I have a little Hanna Primo handheld that uses 1382pmm calibratioin fluid.

Thanks a bunch,

Erik Anderson

fishermann

Erik I have the same meter and some 1382 fluid, i'll bring it with me. You can buy pkg's of it from Cirrus technologies in Fla.. They are the mfg. of oceanus RO/DI units. I think the packets are around 3.95 ea.

Macbeth417

Reef Monkey
Many thanks fishermann that would be much appreciated.

I would still be interested in testing mine against other persons' on the same water source. Perhaps I should bring some of my RO/DI with me as well.

-Erik

Macbeth417

Reef Monkey
Fishermann:

Don't worry about the TDS meter. I got it all squared away.

I ended up cleaning some glass containers with RO/DI and testing tap water, RO output, RO rejection water and final DI ouput. Then after those all read correctly (39, 2-3, ~48 & 0 respectively) I realize it must be the bucket and gave it a thorough scrub-down.

No worries now, but I appreciate your willingness to help and knowing where to get replacement calibration fluid is a definite bonus.

Thanks again,

-Erik

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts