Quantcast

Temperate WAter Tank ?'s

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

Forestal

Hi all...

i am up to new hampshire to visit family and brought some buckets to collect stuff...
I have been keeping amphipods, snails and macro alive for about 4 months collected from maine beaches now without a chiller in a 20 gallon system in my basement...temp ~60-64 very stable..

i will be gettin gmore snails, perhaps some stars, rocks, sand tomorrow and have a 29 set up waiting for them inline to the 10 gallon loaded with live rock and macro as a fuge/sump...

? is, do i need a chiller, or is the low 60's acceptable, collection temp now here is about 52, but in summer it does get warmer...

I am also looking into establishing other temperate animals/fish/inverts in the tank...

any advice?

thanks

Forestal

Nikki,

thanks, great link...i had looked briefly on wetwebmedia but missed that...

my tank is in the basement... got some great stuff...several greenish urchins, several mussels, that are moving around the tank and opened up now, several different species of snails, some small crabs, some sand/mud filled with lots of different worms, several different types of macro algae...tons of gammarus amphipods, some are larger and reddish purple, dont know if is a different species... i have my work cut out for me id'ing stuff..
also got some rocks loaded with different types of colorful algae (dont' know if it is corralline or not) but is oranges/reds/yellow/purples

the 29 hex is plumbed to a 10 gallon fuge loaded with florida live rock and macros that have been doing well at 60 degrees for 4 months,

i will shoot some pics tonite,

i want to (just need the $ )get a chiller

amazing on the beach watching all the life that is thriving despite the temp

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.