Tempered?

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

deadrose

Getting prepared to start up the 55 gallon tank I picked up from perchpsk. I cleaned out the layer of crushed coral that was in it and found a sticker saying 'tempered glass, do not drill'. So I am now trying to figure out if this applies to the bottom glass only, or the entire tank. All I can find brandwise is a sticker with an anchor logo. I remember having seen the logo, but now that I need the info I don't remember which manufacturer it is.

Any ideas or advice?

Heidi, trying to keep her setup costs low

mojoreef

Reef Keeper
Heidi it is most likey that the only the bottom is tempered. I have never seen one with tempered walls.

Mike

riderruss

Marineland tanks use a sticker near the top, sort of hidden by the center brace that has an anchor logo. Hope that helps
Russ

deadrose

I think I answered my own question today. Went into Petco to grab a couple of things, looking at the tanks for sale, and one had a label on the bottom that said "All panels are tempered glass, do not drill". So I'm now assuming that mine is only tempered bottom, since it doesn't specify all panels. Had a sticker with the little anchor logo too, and was just a cheapie label.

Heidi