Quantcast

test kit- your suggestions?

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

ephrim

its time for a new test kit. whats good or bad?
i have been useing seachem amm nitrate/nitrite.
looking for 1 do it all master kit for all water parms.
should have all the trace elements + cal alk phos ect..
thanks in advance,
terry

jmaxwell

The salifert tests work pretty good...I use their Alkalinity and Calcium test and they both seem very accurate and easy to read.

Jim

SueT

I only use the Salifert test kits. I use the calcium, alkalinity and magnesium. The tests are easy to do and very reliable from what I've seen.

reedman

I'm with the rest, Salifert kits provide some of the most consistent and, to the best of my knowledge, accurate results for the price. There are the Lamotte kits that are supposed to be the "best" available, but I can't justify the cost.

oregon gorge

I went to 3 different LFS's and asked for Sailfert and they all said I was high (not really, but they acted like it).

They are the (experts) and they have never heard of that brand. So, where to get it? Online?

Thanks, Chris

mattseattle

Locally, Blue Sierra carries the best variety of Salifert test kits but has high prices. Aquarium Concepts carries a select few Salifert test kits.

The cheapest place I've found online is:
http://h2otropicals.com/Products/Salifert Price List.htm

Most of the prices at the above URL are more than half off what local fish stores charge. Perfect example is the Salifert Test Kit. Purchase it at Blue Sierra and it's almost 27.00 bucks. Purchase it at the above URL and it's 13.99.

If anyone has any other online retailers that sell them cheap, let us know. :)

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts