Quantcast

The Limitations are Limitless

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

mattj206

As a newbie u see all the amazing creatures available for your aquarium.

Then u find out u can only keep a couple types of creatures per tank.

And u also find out the limitations are limitless :mad:

mattj206

oh, I almost forgot all the stuff that the LFS's carry that is doomed to waste away (orange soft cauliflower/non-photo-gorgonians,ect..):mad:

Alice

Bummer, isn't it?

Mine was mostly with fish. Coral Beauty? Nope, might eat corals. Flame Angel? Ditto. Longnose Hawk? No, might eat the shrimp ... and the list goes on. ;)

NaH2O

Yeah....can't really have an Odontodactylus scyallarus (Peacock mantis) in a reef tank :)

Gina

I guess you could look at it as though well...looks like I need another tank! This is one of the challenges of reefing! Pick and choose.

NaH2O

lol....I want a tank like Mike's. My budget + very very large tank = not going to happen :D

Alice

Yeah but just think Nikki; you could save time and money with a great big tank. Give the kids their swimming lessons in the tank and have them clean it at the same time! :lol:

NaH2O

LOL!! Awesome idea, Alice! Also, I'll conduct SCUBA classes to make some extra cash :D

Chimera

I've always found that mixing lions and antelope in the same cage is not a very good idea. You need to be able to supply beef AND hay, and hope the beefeaters don't like their food too warm.

A reef tank is no different than the zoo. Consider it a lesson in ecology, a cool puzzle, and enjoy it.

NaH2O

I've always found that mixing lions and antelope in the same cage is not a very good idea. You need to be able to supply beef AND hay, and hope the beefeaters don't like their food too warm.
Good point! I wonder how long the antelope would last.....hmmmm.....

:D

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.