Quantcast

The Receint Tsunami Affects Us All

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

tank-you

I just thought I needed to give my best wishes to all that were affected directly by this disaster. :cry:

That said, I also wanted everyone to know how we as reefers are affected indirectly. All but a few of the Indian Ocean collection stations, along with their workers and workers families, have been virtually wiped out. This will creating a mass shortage of live goods from this part of the world.

In the coming months and possibly years,we should expect to see the prices of our beloved critters rise. The extent is yet unknown, so with that, keep in mind why this is happening.
The people and businesses need to rebuild their lives, some never to return, and others to get started to fill the void that is left.

I just feel that this is a sobering reminder that paridise can be lost in the blink of an eye.

So next time you go and get a new addition to your tank, remember the person who is getting paid pennies to catch your new found tank mate, and how fortunate we are to be able to pay as much as we do for this hobbie.

Thanks for reading and best wishes in the new year :)
Frank

wrightme43

thanks Frank, just another confirmation of how selfish and self centered I am, I had not even thought of how it would effect this hobby or the peoples who lively hood depend on us. That is a very good point and I am glad you brought it up. It is my understanding that there were several large well thought out, coral farms there and lots of collection and reshipping stations. I am sure they were all heavily damaged, because they by neccesity are close to the ocean. My prayers go out to those effected by this. Thanks again for reminding me. Steve

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts