Quantcast

There must be something in the water!

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

MzWeazelle

I'm not sure if this is the right forum, so feel free to move the post if necessary.

Anyway, on Saturday I had 2 RBTA, one in each of two tanks, and on Sunday I had 4, two in each tank! I've had one for about a year and the other for maybe 6 months. One was recently moved from one tank to another but the other has been in the same tank since I got it. The only thing I have done with both was to start feeding them scallops (which they LOVE) a few weeks ago. Shortly after the splits one seemed to be "chasing" another around the tank, so we put one into a fish breeding net until we can prepare a separate place for it. The two in the other tank separated themselves by just a few inches, one on the front side of the rock and one on the back side, and are ignoring each other.

My questions:
1. Could the diet change have sparked the splits?
2. How long should I wait for the RBTA's to recover before I try to remove one to send to a new home?
3. Is it unusual for daughter RBTA to harm each other, or do they generally need to be separated ASAP for safety?

Thanks for any info you all can share!

Anthony Calfo

kudos for the event and willingness to share/trade them

The splitting is not uncommon occurs for a variety of reasons... stress, good health and otherwise.

The clones are not aggressive towards each other at all.

Let them settle in for at least 4 weeks before transferring.

gobie

dave the gobie
if you plan to trade and it is not attached to any thing find a small container like an old kent kalkwasser jar and place inside it will attach to it and will be easy to remove when the time comes.

dnjan

alveopora
If it is something in the water, I hope you are using rubber gloves when you work in the tank! :)

gobie

dave the gobie
yeah id hate to wake up next to myself in the morning and trying to decide to work on the reef would be something else too always hitting our head together

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts