Quantcast

"Things" living in the sand

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

Beckmola24

Hawkfish
I was studying the sand in the bottom of my tank and noticed teeny tiny little "critters" crawling/swimming around on the bottom. I couldn't get a picture even if I tried becasue they're so incredibly tiny. Any ideas on what these could be???

Thanks!

jks1

These are prob amphipds or copepods. You should see them much more at night with a flashlight. They will scurry from the light and look like small bugs.. HTH

jks1

they may graze on them, and perhaps will like mysis shrimp if they develop in your bed. Either way they are beneficial.

MCSInc

Reef Enthusiast
Great links

I also enjoyed the Hitchhiker FAQ - Live Rock Pages

I read it word for word and found it very educational.

I love all the little things we find in the tank. I was finally able to positively identify our little green anemone and it confirms that it is condidered a pest.

"it is Anemonia majano , a small anemone which most people consider to be a pest"

BUT... But... we have been feeding it so well... and admiring its growth and appitite.
:( That is ok we still love our little pest. We will just have to be careful not to pass him on to any of our new friends.

Education is so fun.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.