thingss to beware of when changing to LEDs

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

#1Reefkeepr

Very similar to Halides except a lot more controllable and whereas most of the energy in Halides goes to heat, with LEDs, the vast majority goes to light and to wavelengths desirable for coral.
Maybe when the prices go a little down I may try those types of light but as for now just way too expensive for my Blood!! Do you run LEDs on your system FISHfishy??? I would luv ta see if you do and see pics of the Growth and health of your corals!!!Sorry I'm stuck in the OLD school type lights!!!

Herefishyfishy

Smart Bass
Maybe when the prices go a little down I may try those types of light but as for now just way too expensive for my Blood!! Do you run LEDs on your system FISHfishy??? I would luv ta see if you do and see pics of the Growth and health of your corals!!!Sorry I'm stuck in the OLD school type lights!!!
I swapped out my combo Halide/CF lighting to LEDs about a month ago and love them and the lack of chiller need. Have posted a video recently. will look for it.

#1Reefkeepr

I have same type lights Dual 250w hqi,quad 65w PC, and 14 1w led moonlights!!! The only prob. With LEDs lighting is "Upfront" Prices!!

dnjan

alveopora
What is a good combination of LED bulb colours for both growth and appearance (how many of each colour, as a percentage)?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts