Quantcast

To frag or not to frag?

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

oregon gorge

We have a big pink branching hammer (3 years) and have broken it in half before on accident. Now it is big and round about the diameter of a dinner plate.

The problem is that some of the heads are being shaded and dont extend like the rest of it. Oh, and why does it just make each polyp huge, rather than adding branches and polyps? Each head is about 3 1/2'' long and 2+'' in diameter...............

Should I break it into smaller parts so all get light, or, will it adapt?

Thanks, Chris

Alice

Are the polyp heads that large underneath? The ones growing underneath mine are a lot smaller than the ones on the top section.

I'd take a dremel to it. Frag trading material ;)

reedman

I'm with Kevin. Frag it so that someone else can have a great colony like you have plus you can get something new. A win-win situation.

-Reed

OmarD

I am here (Wa) with a new 120 gal being set up..on lookout for frags of all kinds to start populating it!:cool:

No frags to trade with "yet"...but have some very nice "reef stamps" (old ones) to "barter" with (Curt?:D - you need to just Move!)

OmarD
Silverdale

(Hope to be at PSAS meet 21st - my first! - am "excited" )

Have a number of these to "trade" for frags:
(1980 USPS "Coral Reef" set "mint")

oregon gorge

Sure Omar, just get me into more trouble starting ''another'' hobby :rolleyes: :D Frags are pretty much the going rate out of here. lol

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.