Quantcast

Toadstool

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

SaltwaterTeen

I have a hard time getting my toadstools to stay! I have mounded them with glue, and they keep falling off! I put on a rubber band over one of them that had the longer stems, and rubberbanded it to the little piece of live rock. The other doesnt have much of a stem, Im thinking about cutting up my old fish catching net (That I used to use on the aquarium, but now has holes) and glue the edges on to the rock, so its basically holding down the toadstool, but I was wondering if I could cut tiny slits so the toadstools polyps can come out. Also, willl the rubber band hurt it? It has its polyps out amd looking good.

wrightme43

I always used rubber bands, or a plastic bowl filled with live rock rubble and let them grow on the rock by themselves. Curt shared using hair net with a rubberband holding it down to the rock so the coral can grow through it easy. HTH Steve

mfinn

Surgeonfish
Try trapping the stem between two pieces of live rock and then holding it all together with a rubber band. Works for me most of the time.

SaltwaterTeen

I have mine rubberbanded to one rock. The other doesnt have a stem, can I put a net over it and rubberband down the net? Will it prevent the polyps from comming out? Will not having its polyps comming out hurt it?

SaltwaterTeen

My toadstool is doing fine, I rubberbanded its stalk to a piece of liverock, and it is perfectly done, so the coral wont slip out, or if it swells, it wont get cut! :D its polyps are starting to open up which is a good sign :D

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.