Quantcast

Too much water flow

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

johnehr

Ignorant and Oblivious
I am having problems with my water flow. I have a 402 and 802 powerhead along with the return line from my sump (~400 gph, I know, not enough...) The sandbed is bare where the water from the two powerheads collide and I noticed the other day that when I redirected one of the powerheads one of my zoos closed up very tightly, so I redirectly flow, then my kenya tree closed up tight too. Do I have way too much flow? Do I need the 802 or should I unplug it?

mattseattle

do you have the powerheads aimed directly at your inhabitants? what i did was to bounce the powerheads flow off the front glass, side glass or off rocks. creates a varied current.

i also got rid of a few of my powerheads and went with the new SEIO powerhead. it's awesome. creates a lot of flow but it's not a straight current but a very random flow. i'm very happy with it.

it also depends on what you have in your tank if you need that much flow. with SPS and such you need quite a bit of flow but with other inhabitants you don't need as much.

wrightme43

I got these things from hydor called bio flow rotating devices. 12.99. If you search the posts for rotating devices you will find the post. I will go and update it so that it will come to the top. They are working very well for me. HOWEVER they are ugly. STEVE

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts