Quantcast

Torch coral growth sequence

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

Elmo18

Clownfish
I bought a coral package from Jeff's Exotic Fish about a year and half ago. One of the corals was a xenia type B, the non-pulsing type. Well on the same rock, i got a hitchhiker LPS coral and at the time of me finding out, I could not tell what it was. Here it is in my 25 gallon tank, which I have since taken down.

Hitchhiker LPS on rock of Xenia.

After several months, I placed it into my existing 75 gallon tank. I was waiting for it to mature. I wiped out the non-pulsing xenia after, but here it is in 75 gal on August of 2003. You can still see some xenia left.

The previous pic the torch only had one head. Figured out it really was a torch, and not a heliofungia, or a hammer, or a frogspawn. It was definitely coloring up nicely--a nice metallic green.

And here it is, June 7th, 2004, about 4 heads now, some in the middle of splitting.

Let's hope it continues to grow :)

- Elmo

Last edited:

sarah

Hi Elmo, lovely looking tank, nice growth on the torch lets hope it keeps on growing..

Sarah xxxx

Elmo18

Clownfish
Thank you all for the nice comments.

April, I definitely do have lots of room, but errm as a college student, i'm on a budget lol . Electricity bills, etc etc, salt, etc. I guess those things add up ;) I may soon get a new coral.

- Elmo

BlennyBabe

Rachel
Sweet. I once bought some green star polyps. There was a small brain coral and some coral I have since ID'ed as pavona explanulata. The star polyps have died back to about the size of my fingernail while the other two hitchhikers have taken over the rock. I love those little bonuses in this hobby. Looks like your tank is doing well.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts