Quantcast

Tunze stream 6000 finally

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

bradreef

always kidding
Purchased the stream 6000 with single controller for under $300 with tax from blue sierra a few days ago. These are far above and beyond any other powerheads. up to 1800 gph controllable. Remember PSAS members get a discount.

wrightme43

Cool, I want to try two of those out with the controller. I am up in the air about those or a sea swirl with a eductor. Was it hard to mount? I have been wondering about the mounting brackets that you order with it. How did you decide which one to get? How does the flow feel to your hand? Just wondering. Steve

bradreef

always kidding
I tryed to initially figure out the mounting at 2:30 at night so it was confusing. still not sure if it is right but it is holding on tigh enough. The stream doesn't feel bad. like a mj1200 but way wider. I really wanted the one with the controller. between my return and a seio and now the 6000 the flow is decent but I could have more.
These all come together just above most of the corals and the 6000 overpowers the other two. corals look like they love it. also a spray bar with a little bit of flow under the rocks.

return is=500gphish
seio 620=600gph
6000=1800gph
spraybar=400gph
75 gallons=3300ish gph= 40xish per hour.

As far as why I got this one was because the 6100 is more for a 120 and up. two of those are great for a 180 gallon. I could see two of these on a 75 but there would be places that the corals might not like. never know. I have a stag 8-10 inches directly in the path and it still extends its polyps.

DisturbedReefer

Lionless :(
Very nice, keep us posted on how it works for you. BTW I got 90% of my LR/Livestock in the tank tonight, party coming soon, maybe the 26th?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts