Quantcast

Um..... Where do the new guys go?

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

jlehigh

Hermit D Crab
Welcome self proclaimed newbie!!

All levels are welcome here! The research library has a large amount of info for starting up. I reccomend reading reading, and reading.

Click on the forums link and locate "The PSAS" forum. withing their is a schedule ect..
The next mtg is the 13th at the Mercer Island community center. You can PM MtnDewMan for an Evite.

Welcome!

MarineDreamer

Est. April 2nd, 2005
Thank you for the Welcome.

As for the reading, I think that I’ve got ya covered there. My copy of Robert M. Fenner’s ‘The Conscientious Marine Aquarist’ is dog-eared and frayed. As well I’ve read Tullock’s ‘Natural Reef Aquariums’, Borneman’s ‘Aquarium Corals’, and Paletta’s book as well. I’ve been lurking out at ‘AquaLinks’ web forum for awhile and decided to hop on over here because I wanted to get away from the East Coast. Just kidding. I felt that I needed more exposure than I was getting from the great people over there and my LFS, Aquarium Paradise.

I was thinking on a doing a 55 gallon reef tank (eventually) with a Royal Gramma, Gramma loreto, a Six-line Wrasse, Pseudocheilinus hexataenia, and possibly someone out of the Centropyge family.

And as you saw in my post on the DIY forum, there is no Damsel in a 30 gallon tank that I just set up yesterday. I have discovered that a limited budget is best tool for exercising patience.

Thank you for the contact point for PSAS.

Trevor

NaH2O

WELCOME TO REEF FRONTIERS!!! LOL on excercising patience....it is definately key in this hobby.

MtnDewMan

Welcome aboard ... where do the new guys go? Reef Frontiers of course ... lots of experienced reefkeepers on this board :)

Hermit

Welcome!!

One word of caution. A 55g is a nasty size. I have both a 40 and a 55, and much prefer the 40 because it is deeper. The thiness of the 55 makes it hard to aquascape. Just my 2-cents.

Solov

Ez reefer
But 36" will mean a lot of DYIing or very limited choice for the 40, won't it? :)

I'd say 75 is the way to go :) or 120, but that one is so close to 180, which is my dream-tank :eek:).

mattseattle

yeah, my 55g was a little hard to aquascape due to thinness but it can be done with the right rocks. i bought a few that are a little large and i wished i would've broken them up before i placed them in the tank. live and learn.....when i have to move it i will redo the rock work or maybe a larger tank :)

MarineDreamer

Est. April 2nd, 2005
I just read Hermit’s post to my wife. The response was, “Uh-huh.” Now you know why I have a limited budget. It’s my allowance! I think that there’s some hope there though!:D

Doug1

Hermit said:
Welcome!!

One word of caution. A 55g is a nasty size. I have both a 40 and a 55, and much prefer the 40 because it is deeper. The thiness of the 55 makes it hard to aquascape. Just my 2-cents.
75 is not a lot more $ than a 55g, from there, at least in glass tanks the 90 and 120 have thicker glass and a big price jump
I started with a 29(like a mini 55, same shape) then a low wide 55 then an AGA 75 that I have now, I wish they made a 100 or so 48x18hx24 wide

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.