Quantcast

UV Light Choice

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

cookiemn

Chicago bound!!!
I am thinking of putting a UV light on my new 90 gallon to control algae. I am planning to run it only 8 hours per day. I am currently looking at a 9 or 12 watt CoralVue twist UV light system. I was planning to run 150-200 gph thru the system as per manufacturer's specs. Does anyone have any suggestions on other UV lights? What are you using on your system?

Erwin

wrightme43

I am using the gamma, I like it alot. Lots of options for install. I works very well for me I have a 75 gal, and its a 15 watt. It uses a compact flor. u.v. bulb. Steve

mojoreef

Reef Keeper
I have always been a big fan of the rainbow life guard uv's. thier about 200 bucks but put out 40 watts. I think they have smaller versions.

Mike

jesshimom

I have no fish.
Well I have had nothing but problems with the CUstom SeaLife ones, and my friend had leaks troubles with the Turbo Twist, and I bought the gamma one and put on my 60 when I had the horrid algae problems from the new lighting and heat, and suddenly over about a week, the algae was gone and has stayed gone for months now. I only use the magnet on the front glass about twice a week. I love it, the best I've had yet. It runs all the time, never thought of putting it on a timer. It was a hassle figuring it out as there are a lot of installation options like Steve said and you get lotsa parts! I had to call for reinforcements!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.