Quantcast

UV users

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

cubalz

I almost bought one of those but I ended up getting an Aqua Ultraviolet one. I highly recommend checking into one of the Aqua UV models, they are very well made and have a built in wiper to clean off the quartz sleeve and the bulb can be replaced while the system is running- which means that you should never have to tear the thing apart and it is extremely well made. I got a 10 watt model for under $200.00.

wanareef

reefer addict
cublaz

Thanks for posting- what kind of life are you seeing on the bulb? Or is this a recent purchase?

I've looked ar the Aqua UV- the wiper option is great, but trying to strectch the $$ - the Lifeguard 40w model is $152 :D

cubalz

As long as you leave it run continuously and not keep turning it on and off then the bulb should last for at least a year, that is what Aqua UV says. I plan on changing mine when the year is up.

Ed Hahn

Life is A Highway...
I have a Aqua Ultraviolet UV 25 watt with wiper. It has a 4 pin end socket. Aqua Ultaviolent states the bulb will last 14 monthes. If you go UV read up on this unit. I like this UV. I just feel more comfortable knowing it is there. I have not had a sick fish for a long time. Just my opinion. I could just be lucky though? Read up on size recommendations for size of Saltwater aquarium. That includes the minimum and maximum water flow through unit. Good luck in what ever you do, Ed

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts