Quantcast

Wanna See Your Filtration Systems

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

gobie

dave the gobie
Sinc I Have A Few Questions About Setting Up A New Sump. I Wanna See Reefers Filtration Systems From The Basic To The Complex. So Post Some Pics And Lets See What You Have.

gobie

dave the gobie
Thank You Mike And Wrightme43 For The Posts. The Pictures Are Great It Is Better Than Some Body Trying To Explain It To Me. Pictures Are Worth A Thousand Words. I Was Rather Disapointed By The Response Here On Rf.i Posted The Same On Another Site And Got Bombarded With Response. It Is Looking Like I Will Have To Modify My Cpr 2000 Before I Plumb It Into Service
Thanx Again To All Who Responded.

NaH2O

Gobie - here is mine. Not much really to it. I do run a filter sock on occasion, have extra live rock in the sump, and a gravity fed refugium in a side cabinet (refugium does not contain any macroalgaes in it). A big skimmer, and live rock. I hope to add UV filtration soon.

wrightme43

NaH2O said:
Gobie - here is mine. Not much really to it. I do run a filter sock on occasion, have extra live rock in the sump, and a gravity fed refugium in a side cabinet (refugium does not contain any macroalgaes in it). A big skimmer, and live rock. I hope to add UV filtration soon.

Yeah just nothing to that monster. LOL. Such a nice looking system Nikki. I like it alot. Steve

gobie

dave the gobie
thanks nikki as soon as i can figure out how to get pictures from my pictures file to the web i will post them. Im not a bright man but i do know what a reef tank is (my inpersonation of reefer gump)

gobie

dave the gobie
cool set up I really like that one too. one question why does everyone hard plumb all the piping? I use hose and fittings thatway i can take it apart and clean out the lines.
I don't use teflon tape either i use DAP silicone to seal threads.

big t

tankless
The reason that most people use hard plumbing is that it is easy and reliable. I wouldn't recommend using clear vinyl tubing to anyone, only use the braided type. The clear stuff can split and really ruin your day.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts