Quantcast

Water To Go Water

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

cookiemn

Chicago bound!!!
Has anyone been using this water? I have been using it for the past few weeks and I have noticed a bloom in red algae. I just ran out of phos tests so I wondered if anyone else was getting the same results.

mattseattle

guess it's hard for me to believe that people still lug water home instead of having an RO/DI unit. i lugged water home for 6 months either from the store or from the seattle aquarium but after "finally" buying an RO unit i can't imagine going back to having to bring water home. my unit has already paid for itself in convenience costs :)

cdeakle

matt, I'm in total agreeance with you buddy!

Have you used a TDS meter to verify the water quality? Then you would know for sure if there water is good or bad....

mattseattle

yeah, you can buy water at the Seattle Aquarium. It's 10.00 to get a card so that you can use their 'fill station'. After that you can go 24 hours a day to get water and it's billed to you every 2 months @ .05 cents a gallon. Water would work well for fish only tanks but for reef aquariums I think it's a little too flakey to use on a consistant basis. The salinity is not always the same (depending on rains/etc.), calcium, alk and all the other stuff was really low when I used it so I had to use alot of supplements to bring it up. It is a great way as a first fill for a tank though.

cdeakle - yeah i bought a TDS meter right before I bought my RO unit. works well.....after I finally figured out how to get it calibrated.

cookiemn

Chicago bound!!!
I sold my old unit becuase I was going to get a 5 or 6 stage unit. I haven't bought it yet because I am waiting to have a sink installed in my garage. I need to figure out how the set-up is first before I buy one.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts