Quantcast

Welcome New DIY Moderator - Big T

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

MtnDewMan

Tom (Big T) has joined us to become the moderator for the Do It Yourself (DIY) section of PSAS. He is a true do-it-yourselfer ... he has made just about everything for his own setup ... so start some conversations with Tom, ask him anything you want, I am sure he will respond with something :)

Welcome aboard Tom !!!

:multi: :multi: :multi: :multi:

big t

tankless
Alright! Glad to be here :D thanks guys. I am always working on something! I am finishing my calcium reactor now, and designing my kalk reactor, so will post some plans soon.

Tom

esmith

AQUAMANIAC
Way to go Tom, glad to see that we have a resident DIYer on hand.

Send some pics of the working calcium reactor when you get a chance, that is assuming that it cleared up. :)

Eliyah

big t

tankless
Ok Ceasar, here is a little list for ya. My first was to build my own overflows for my 55 gallon setup. They are basically just a flat piece of black plexi, I cut the two sides at 45° and then cut teeth in the top with my table saw. I then siliconed them in place. I then build my stand from 2/4's and sheeted w/ pine. I am about to make some raised panel doors, I may do that next week. I made my hood, it is pine and flips open in the middle folding back onto itself. I started out with a rubbermaid sump, but came across enough 1/2 acrylic to make a nice sump so I did that. After I made the sump I decided to make a calcium reactor, so I made this one from Darren that he designed and shared on RC. I am designing my own kalk reactor that will somewhat compliment the calcium reactor in design. I plan on making that next week aslo if possible.

I have plans to build a new setup that will be completely DIY. This will include the tank, skimmer, stand, hood, sump, and reactors. That is my project for this summer. The tank will probably be 50"long 20"wide and 24"tall. It will have a closed loop system, and dual overflows that only take up a lot less than normal space(I have the idea in my head) So this will be a SPS reef. Ok well here is a picture of the reactor that I recently completed, any q's just ask

esmith

AQUAMANIAC
Tom, that looks awesome. Glad to finally see a pic of this thing up and working. I like the bubble counter too ;-)

Eliyah

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts