Quantcast

What a wasted trip

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

Crows Ridge

What a wasted day!

#1 Woke up early,4:45, excited to get lots done and back home to the shop. Left the house at 7 am. My first thought was to get on the road and then reconfirm my appointments. Too early to call.

Waited till 8:30 to start calling. No Answer! hmmm. 8:45, get answer to closest one, but not available till this afternoon. Thats okay, will go to #2 stop.

#3 Still no answer, keep driving the 100 miles. They were going to be there. Call home, there is an email and another number. :D
Call it, and have gone 25 miles past the turn. Oh well, still a pretty drive and day! Get to the ferry line and am told to expect to wait 2 hours. I never dealt with the ferry, but assume that it would be the same on the other side to get back. I am on call, and cant get tied up like that so had to abandon that trip. Most of the things I was after were gone, but would have been good to check anyway.:(

#4 Decide to go visit a LFS that you need to make appointment. Called 3 times, once in Everett, on the freeway between there and Seattle and once by the zoo. No answer! Hmmm! Well, bag that idea.

#5 Decide to try and find the LFS in the U district. Only nobody at home answers the phone for directions, cant find a parking spot near a payphone to look up the address. Drive up and down looking, what a zoo! Must be the Saturday market thing, or is it always that way down there? Gave up.

#6 Went by the local LFS and the tanks were bare, so! 220+ miles round trip, and nothing to show for it but a nice ride and a haircut. Back to making sawdust:D

Last edited:

CarlaW

Scarlet Begonias
Sounds like you shoulda stopped for a beer instead of the haircut. With the price of gas these days, a person has to be careful. Pretty soon, it'll be cheaper to fly.

me35

Just a couple hundred miles more and you could have come to Spokane and not went home empty handed. Sorry you had such an unfruitful day. Hopefully next trip will go alot better.

Crows Ridge

If I had known Todd was going to Spokane in time, I would have had him bring me some goodies. I just cant get away from the shop to go right now.

I cant wait to get to Kevins shop!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.