Quantcast

what are you saving for?

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

ggarner

everyone is probably saving for something for the reef... lets see a list of what you are saving for...

personally i am saving for my dream tank...

is is going to be 8'x8'x6' (eight long by eight long by 6 tall corner tank in my house, a little shy of 3,000g)

it is about 3.5 years away.. and i am saving $150 a month for it... cause thats all my current meager grad student budget will allow..

nobody better steal my idea! i think this will be the cooles tank ever...

but my more immediate goat is 3x 250w DE pendants for my 100g
maybe by the end of summer :)

what are you guys saving up for?

NaH2O

Saving? What's that? LOL - I'm saving for a calcium reactor. Well, currently I need to finish up with the set-up, so all the money I have allocated to it is disappearing before my eyes. I'm hoping in a few months, the saving will start building....lol. There is always something, isn't there?

WOW - 3000 gals? Can I come over and snorkle when you get that up? Sounds awesome! :)

szidls

Gaitor Wrestler
I'm waiting on the IRS refund to fund my bar tab. Cruise in the Bahamas In 3 weeks!!!!!!!:cool: :lol:
Scott

iamjosh

I'm saving to pay off the cards that I used to start all this, then A trip to anywhere, and Good lighting somewhere down the road.

-josh

Montanarocknreefer

New Sheriff In Town
Well I am waiting for my tax return money for the following for my tank.

1. 9.5 mag pump for return line

2. TDS meter

3. Plumbing for my sump/refugium to hook up.

4. Bigger Skimmer

5. new MH bulbs and PC bulbs for my tank and PC bulbs for wife's tank.

6. SQWD

7. A cold pack if I even get one of the above! :D

Scooterman

Administrator
LOL I'm saving for anything I can get my hands on, seems like you never have enough, BTW, can anyone actually save money these days? :lol:

Hermit

Cheaper? Mo doubt there. I could have bought a 180g complete setup for the price. Hmmm? must be a junkie when comparing the price of a new born to the price of a new tank.

David Winther

LOL, well let us see here.

I am saving to move my family from the west coast (Washington) to the east coast (Maryland) in July. Then I will have to set the tank (180) back up. That means rock, fish, corals, new bulbs, and the 1000 other things that go along with setting a tank up! That will not be cheap (as we all know!) but it will be a lot of fun that is for sure. This will be the 6th time (if I remember correctly) that I will have set a tank up. Maybe I can get it mostly right this time! :lol:

jeffsreefdotcom

I'm saving for when I move into the apartment with my girlfriend. That means I can put my 120 in the wall. It also means bigger sump, big refugium, bigger skimmer.

But for now, I'm saving for a calcium reactor and kalk reactor.

OmarD

"Saving" a useless exercise. Paying down on what I already have spent closer to "reality."

Speaking of which ("reality") - have decided long ago, no tank in home ever going to be "big enough" -

Since this "thread" about "dreams" - here is mine...(or something similar)

("Smuggled" photo's of King Faud's underwater palace in Red Sea)

"THINK BIG!"

Rgds,

OmarD

G~

Super Gobie
we will be doing an addition to the house. i have been given permission to put a large closet in the basement for fish. well it may just have to have a big ol hole in the wall so i can see what is going on in the closet from the outside. i am thinking of a 3-400 gallong hole in the wall.:D

G~

Ed Hahn

Life is A Highway...
I would like a Calcium Reactor also. I have a friend that builds a nice double cylinder CR. Then I would like a auto top off system that is connected to my RO unit. I would like my system to be easy to maintain. Looking at Clams Direct I see a T maxima I want too. This all has to be done by July. I think I can..I think I can..

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.