Quantcast

What camera do you use?

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

MtnDewMan

Just getting this forum started right, so was wondering what equipment you use to get your photos of your reefs. I use a Canon G2, I love it. Takes great pictures.

RockyHeap

Evil Genius
Nikon Cool Pix 775, 2 meg pixel that you can get for about $175-200 off the web as its a 2 year old model. Pretty decent macro reef shots, and great all-around fits your hand awesome packaging.

see my pix in the other gallery

and these other samples:

mojoreef

Reef Keeper
I have a nikon 995 coolpics and like the camera. Having trouble with the wide shots but for macros its great

Mike

MtnDewMan

I used to use a Nikon Coolpix camera. It took awesome closeup shots, but I could not ever get a full tank shot to save my life or any other regular picture even non-reef related. So I switched to the Canon and couldn't be happier.

Katchupoy

I have an Olympus 3020z and I love it. Not as good as Nikon's macro but general pics is great...

here is the sample of closest pic i can get...

SlowBoat

I have recently upgraded to a Canon 10D, have yet to get a chance to take some serious photos yet. Prior to that I was using a Minolta DiMage 7i, an excellent all around camera.

Green Chromis

I use a Nikon coolpix 5700, just got the camera and will post pics when I learn how to use it. :? So far looks like a very nice camera, 8x telephoto and very good Macro from what I've read on the internet. :rolleyes: :drinking:

Vandur

I use a Nikon Coolpix 990. I loved the 880, and when the 990's came out, I couldn't help myself. I have been happy with it, but the Coolpix series does have quite a steep learning curve (oh-so many options).

I just posted some of the pictures from one of my nano's in the nano section

http//www.thepsas.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=257

~V

NaH2O

Chuck, how do you get such great shots of your fish?

I am learning to use my Canon G3 - Macro mode.

jks1

I have a Toshiba PDR-m700. I got it because it has canon optics. I like it for macros, but full tank shots are kinda tough

MtnDewMan

Good shots :)

Nikki ... I love my Canon G2 ... G3 would be even nicer I am sure.

I try to take the pictures of fish with a light flash. Very difficult to catch them without a flash in a nice still fashion. I do not get right up to the glass either, a good 6 inches away. The fish can not be swimming toward the back of the tank either, it is best when they are in the first 6 inches or so of the tank.

I try not to use automatic mode. That way I can vary the amount of flash and sometimes the exposure as required.

For coral shots I try not to use the flash. Again, the subject has to be more toward the front than the back to get a good picture.

I do not use auto mode here either ... I try to use most the standard settings with no flash in the macro mode in the P setting.

Believe me, it takes time and practice to get it right :)

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.