What is the best quiet skimmer?

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

Craiz

I'm starting to plan a new tank build where quiet is a key requirement. My plan is to locate it in my family room where noise will be a problem. It will be a mixed reef system and 150-200g. I'm looking for recommendations for the best performing skimmer that is quiet. I'd prefer in sump, but if going with a external skimmer will be quieter then I'll go that route. I know the quietest solution is to locate the sump, skimmer, return pump, ect. separately from the tank and I'm exploring that as well. However, I'm hoping I get all the equipment in the stand to be quiet enough.

saltwaterfishes

12 Step Zoa Program
I was in search of a quiet skimmer too for my 180g. Finally ordered a Reef Octopus Elite 200-INT. It's rated up to 400g...may be bigger than what I need, but I wanted one with a DC pump.

saltwaterfishes

12 Step Zoa Program
I picked up the new skimmer last Friday. Thank you Barrrier! I just got it into the sump. The DC pump makes it easy to control bubbles. Collection cup is super easy to remove. And it's very quiet!

Chad W

I'm starting to plan a new tank build where quiet is a key requirement. My plan is to locate it in my family room where noise will be a problem. It will be a mixed reef system and 150-200g. I'm looking for recommendations for the best performing skimmer that is quiet. I'd prefer in sump, but if going with a external skimmer will be quieter then I'll go that route. I know the quietest solution is to locate the sump, skimmer, return pump, ect. separately from the tank and I'm exploring that as well. However, I'm hoping I get all the equipment in the stand to be quiet enough.
I like the tunze line of skimmers. pumps are silent and very energy efficient. not real sure which model will suit your needs maybe 9415,9420,9430???

Chad

lovefishtank

I was in search of a quiet skimmer too for my 180g. Finally ordered a Reef Octopus Elite 200-INT. It's rated up to 400g...may be bigger than what I need, but I wanted one with a DC pump.

Latest posts