Quantcast

what pump?

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

big t

tankless
I have several pumps both in use and not in use! On my current system (55g) I have a mag 7 running my return pump, a mag 2 running my calcium reactor, a ocean runner 2700 running my skimmer, and3 maxijet ph's. On my system that I am currently setting up (90g) I will be using the ocean runner for the skimmer, a Iwaki RLT 30 for the return, a ampmaster 3000 for the closed loop, and a mag 5 for my new calcium reactor.

wanareef

reefer addict
My answer would be, for a return you would want pressure and for a close loop you would want flow and no pressure. For CL's an Ampmaster or a Sequence pump is used and for the return, skimmer ect, ect, the presure pump is used. Mag's, Iwakis, Maks, Oceanruners .......ect ect.

hth

mike

I was kinda looking to hear whar pumps you guys own. I have to make some choices. I am interested to hear if anyone has experience with the new Eheim 1260. I am thinking of using it for a skimmer. (old etss reef devil) What brands and why? Thanks, Mike

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.