What Salt Mix do you use?

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

What salt mix do you use?

• Instant Ocean (Salt Crystals or regular)

Votes: 68 57.1%
  • Kent

Votes: 15 12.6%
  • Oceanic

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Red Sea

Votes: 10 8.4%
  • Ocean Pure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Coralife

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • SeaChem

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Tunze

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Marine Enviroment

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 12.6%

• Total voters

jschulst

instant ocean crystal...worth every dime with the additives they added to the salt....and best of it, free shipping, no sales tax from fostersmith.

xxkenny90xx

Instant ocean for 2 1/2 years but I just ordered a 200g box of Kent from f&s, 44.99 and free shipping, hopefully it tests well

Sent from my HTC Vivid using Tapatalk 2

Duffer

Kent Reef, but never tried anything else. Cheap & free ship on Epay or wait for one of the sponsors to have a sale

High Ca & Mg, good Alk but for some reason does not hold for me, so I have to dose Alk to boost it back up after it goes in the tank

tike

Reef Crystals for 8 months, I.O. for 10 years. I switched because i struggled to keep my alk and cal high enough. Have been really impressed with how the cyrstals are working out.

N1Husker

RF Staff
I use Kent Reef Salt, it's cheaper than IO, however I know many people who use IO in a reef tank and it works just fine. I have been using Kent for 3 years in my mixed reef, been very happy with it, and it is what I can afford.

BARRON

i have been using salinity and really like it, the only issues are that it is a bit spendy and you have to let it mix for a while or it will leave a haze on your glass.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.