Quantcast

What size tank for Heniochus diphreutes?

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

reedman

Just wanted to get some info on tank requirements for these guys. I know that they look great, are reef compatable and like to school.

I've also read that they need a lot of small feeding throughout the day rather than 2 meals a day. Is this true?

Thanks for any info you can give.

Ray Pollett

They grow to about 7 inches. Most reccomend atleast a 100 gallon tank. It is also reccomended that they all be put in at the same time when young. They will establish a pecking order.

That is all I remember about the "Schooling Bannerfish"

Ray

fishermann

they are like any small butterfly in that they have a small stomach and need to be fed three times a day as much as you can to maintain them atleast while they are young.

mojoreef

Reef Keeper
They get big Reed, thats all I can tell ya. Mine were cute little schoolers about an inch around now just the body is 6 inches tall. they are a neat fish though and stll school all the time

Mike

reedman

thanks

Alright,

So I will continue the hunt for a cool smaller schooling fish.

Thanks for all the replies. It's easier to find out this way than after they get too big.

oregon gorge

Hey Mike,

Now that you mention it? I was told by 2 different LFS that they are not reef safe. Whats gives? I just remembered that you had them.

Chris

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts