Quantcast

What's your plumbing look like?

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

HumblePie

Pico Ninja
I know it's not as flashy as pictures of fish, corals, etc. However, I am putting the finishing touches on my latest project (a 29g oversized nano) and would like some plumbing ideas before I go and drill holes in my tank.

If ya got pictures, bring it on...

Gordo

What do you plan on keeping in your tanks? What are you plans for the tank as far as circulation? For a 29G I think one overflow and two returns would work well.

~Gordo~

HumblePie

Pico Ninja
I was thinking about a mated pair of Allard clowns to start along with a mixture of hard and soft corals (probably Acropora, Xenia, Clove, etc.) and a Bubble Tip Anemone. Obviously, this will be done over time as my tank matures. The setup will be a 29g with IceCap 250W MH 20K, 24" CPR Refugium, custom sump with 150 Won Bros heater, Remora Pro w/Mag 3, Iwaki 30rlt and SCWD. Unfortunately, my tank has no prefilter so I'll be looking to build a pre-filter with stand pipe. This is where I am at as of today. I need to drill the tank for the pre-filter and dual returns. I was just curious how other people decided to do their plumbing and what gotchas I should expect moving forward...

Desolas

Free Jolly Jenkins.
Here is a pic of my 29g algae tank prior to it being filled/etc.

It has a 1/2 PVC spray bar and a 2" return. Not high flow but the spraybar plus another return would be suitable for a reef tank.

Another shot from the other side:

Wes

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts