Quantcast

Where did this come from?

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

dnjan

alveopora
Just found a baby Alveopora:

I have other Alveoporas in the tank (see avatar on the left), but this one is about 3 feet away. I don't think it came in on the live rock, as the rock is over 4 years old. Spawning? I haven't found any other babies.
???

wrightme43

Sometimes a little piece will seperate and float away, and start a new colony. That is really pretty. Your avatar is Beautiful. I bet it really looks good under antinics. or a moon light. Steve

dnjan

alveopora
I hope to find some other little colonies like that one, but haven't found any yet. It is weird that this one ended up so far away from the large colony.

I turned the MH's off this summer due to heat, and both the pink and green alveoporas colored up a lot (under just a mix of actinic and daylight VHO's) compared to when the MH's were on. The new one is pinker under VHO's than it looked in the picture.

Elmo18

Clownfish
Hi! LPS such as alveoporas come from murkier waters, and thus receive less lighting. Sandy zones, lagoonal areas are commonplace for those corals. They definitely do better with just VHOs :) or lower down the tank column so it receives less lighting, if under MH.

- Elmo

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.