Quantcast

which skimmer to use?

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

nananurse

:?: I have a 80 gallon fish and reef aquarium with a seaclone 100 skimmer on it, which says it is good for 100 gallons. I was given a cpr bakpak2 which they say is better but it was rated for only 60 gallons. Which should I use??

wrightme43

Well, you could use both and see which one makes the most skimmate. I usually try to cut the manufactures recomened in half and then get double what my tank size is. Or 4 times more than the recomened size. Like this I have a 75, My skimmer is rated to 300 gallon. half that it 150 gallons, and twice my tank volume is about 150 gallons. So my skimmer works for me. You may have different results I can only share what works for me. HTH Steve

gobie

dave the gobie
I Have A Sea Clone And I Had A Back Pak And Quite Frankly It Is A Toss Up In Between The Two Neither One Is Suited For A Reef Application But Seem To Be Ok For A Lightly Loaded 55 Fish Only. By My Own Expierence Neither Are That Efficent At Skimming, But Both Are A Good Starter (budget) Skimmer

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts