Quantcast

Which wavemaker to buy

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

cookiemn

Chicago bound!!!
I have a 60 gallon reef tank. I am planning to keep sps and lps corals. I currently have 3 PHs and have been comtemplating getting a wavemaker. I have read thru a lot of message strings about wavemakers on this site and other forums. I do not have a sump, so please don't reply by telling me about wavemakers that need one.

The three that I am looking at are:
1) Red Sea WaveMaster Pro
2) Tsunami
3) Wave Creator Wavemaker (http://www.reeffanatic.com/cgi-bin/mas/category.cgi?category=630000 )

I like the WaveMaster, but I do not like that it comes with presets for the timing. I also plan to use a combination of MJs and AqauaClear PHs.

fishermann

wavemaster for ph system works great and you have several options as to set up and has a feeding button that lets it automatically come back on after 30 mins. nite shut down if you want to use.

jazznreef

i owned a tsunami for over a year. it works well but the powerheads just dont stay stuck to the tank. i thought it was kind of expensive to have a bunch of powerheads in the tank. i bought a sea swirl, hooked it to my return and i;ve been happier since. without a sump you could do a closed loop with a sea swirl. i think its better than powerheadx

Last edited:

Katchupoy

Sorry, I think its DrDeano.... I apologize.

I agree with jazznreef.

its kinda expensive but next alternative... DIY seaswirl. using a all plastic thing you use to water your garden.

he he he he. I tried it, but my pump is not strong enough to make a dent on my flow.... but it works.

The R/C Man

Have you looked into a SCWD? They would make an excellent wave maker for your application. You'll just need to run an external pump......

CTurtleGirl

I have a red sea wavemaster pro and I love it. Even though the timing is present there are enough to choose from from little to turbid water movement. I use the setting where it uses all the settings. I admit powerheads are a pain in the butt at times but I like being able to place them where I want and adjust their nozzles.

Erica:cool:

jks1

I run a wavemaster in my 29 and like it alot. Creates great current but it is a pain when power goes out- common in FL because of lightning- it looses its memory on which pattern you have selected and you must reset it.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.