Which wavemaker to buy

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

cookiemn

Chicago bound!!!
I have a 60 gallon reef tank. I am planning to keep sps and lps corals. I currently have 3 PHs and have been comtemplating getting a wavemaker. I have read thru a lot of message strings about wavemakers on this site and other forums. I do not have a sump, so please don't reply by telling me about wavemakers that need one.

The three that I am looking at are:
1) Red Sea WaveMaster Pro
2) Tsunami
3) Wave Creator Wavemaker (http://www.reeffanatic.com/cgi-bin/mas/category.cgi?category=630000 )

I like the WaveMaster, but I do not like that it comes with presets for the timing. I also plan to use a combination of MJs and AqauaClear PHs.

fishermann

wavemaster for ph system works great and you have several options as to set up and has a feeding button that lets it automatically come back on after 30 mins. nite shut down if you want to use.

jazznreef

i owned a tsunami for over a year. it works well but the powerheads just dont stay stuck to the tank. i thought it was kind of expensive to have a bunch of powerheads in the tank. i bought a sea swirl, hooked it to my return and i;ve been happier since. without a sump you could do a closed loop with a sea swirl. i think its better than powerheadx

Last edited:

Katchupoy

Sorry, I think its DrDeano.... I apologize.

I agree with jazznreef.

its kinda expensive but next alternative... DIY seaswirl. using a all plastic thing you use to water your garden.

he he he he. I tried it, but my pump is not strong enough to make a dent on my flow.... but it works.

The R/C Man

Have you looked into a SCWD? They would make an excellent wave maker for your application. You'll just need to run an external pump......

CTurtleGirl

I have a red sea wavemaster pro and I love it. Even though the timing is present there are enough to choose from from little to turbid water movement. I use the setting where it uses all the settings. I admit powerheads are a pain in the butt at times but I like being able to place them where I want and adjust their nozzles.

Erica:cool:

jks1

I run a wavemaster in my 29 and like it alot. Creates great current but it is a pain when power goes out- common in FL because of lightning- it looses its memory on which pattern you have selected and you must reset it.